Linking discovery to everyday practice
D&I Core Director
Erin P. Finley, PhD, MPH is an Associate Professor in the Departments of Medicine and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at UT Health San Antonio, and a Research Investigator with the Center for the Study of Implementation, Innovation, and Policy (CSHIIPP) at the Greater Los Angeles Veterans Healthcare System. Dr. Finley is a medical anthropologist, health services researcher and implementation scientist with expertise in mixed methodology, evaluation, and the implementation of evidence-based practices in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Who we are
The UT Health San Antonio D&I Service Core aims to build D&I research and amplify its impact on public health through consultation with investigators, clinicians, and community organizations at any stage of designing or implementing an intervention.
Methods & study design
Education & Training
Publications & presentations
Tools & Templates
Current and past collaborations
The D&I Consultation Core brings together experts from across dissemination and implementation, with a long history of local, national, and international collaborations. Special areas of focus include:
- Evidence-driven implementation, following established strategies for successful implementation, adaptation, and evaluation.
- Study design and evaluation, laying the groundwork for rapid learning on the most effective ways to improve care, increase uptake of best practices, and sustain positive change over time.
- ECHO/Telementoring and implementation facilitation as critical tools for helping providers to adopt and make routine use of best practices across diverse settings and populations.
- Use of established and innovative implementation and evaluation frameworks like RE-AIM, the Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research, and SHIFT-Evidence to guide implementation and research.
- Expertise in stakeholder engagement, community participatory research, and user-centered design as strategies for bringing partners to the table in support of equitable, high-quality healthcare for all.